Ian Grey’s Biography Biography
Standing for Morley Town Council
BLOG- regular campaign updates- click here
Terry Grayshon is standing as a Morley Borough Independent in nearby Central Ward for the By-Election happening at the same time as the Elmfield vote, on Thursday July 22nd. He is also opposed by both Labour and BNP candidates. As Terry has been kind enough to include a link to this site I am delighted to reciprocate here and wish him well in his campaign.
Whilst I’m not a “Morley Borough Independent” (which is actually formally registered as a political party, apparently due to Leeds City Council playing silly beggars in recent times) I am satisfied that they are not a political party in the traditional sense of the word, i.e. accepting the party whip & using the blunt instruments of conflict & submission to (mis)manage. Indeed having known the various individuals for some time now, the phrase “herding cats” comes to mind for any approach other than collaboration.
This Web page contains the details sent to the Morley Advertiser and Observer in early July for candidate information relating to the Elmfield Ward by-election on July 22nd. Morley is a town of about 50,000 people on the south western outskirts of Leeds, West Yorkshire and was a Borough in its own right until 1974.
Ian Grey – An introduction
• Ian is 46 and lives in Morley
• He is married with one Son
• He works in telecommunications
• He is a Trustee of the Communications Management Association
• Local Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator
• Parent Governor at a Primary School
• Treasurer of School PTA
• Volunteer Webmaster for Morley Town Council
• Member of Morley Civic Society
• Involved in Right to Read schemes in Bradford
• Former active member in Round Table (now too old!)
• Chief firer at Needless Fireworks display since 2001
• Recently raised £400+ abseiling for kidney research
• Regular presenter to Yr11/6th formers in West Yorkshire
• Has served on Committees since 1974
More info about Ian’s interests can be found at http://www.delicolor.org.uk/
Last updated July 7th 2004